Memberships for 2022 – 2023 are now open!
Two memberships are eligible per ABN so please sign two people from your business where possible.
Please complete the form to apply.
The Kensington Business Association is committed to supporting all businesses within Kensington as we continue our recovery from 2020/21 restrictions.
Thank you for your support
The Kensington Business Association’s membership fees have been waived and is funded by the City of Melbourne, and gives members a valuable opportunity to market and promote their business both within our local area and out to a wider audience. These funds help our business precinct to grow. A thriving local business centre has significant benefits for the local community as well.
Much time and effort has gone into establishing our Association and setting our foundations. For 2022/23 it’s now time for our Association to take a step further to grow and create opportunities for our members and for our Kensington businesses and community to continue to thrive.
We encourage you to renew or sign up as a new member of the Kensington Business Association for 2022/23 so collectively we can further develop Discover Kensington together.
Become a member to have a voice and help us shape the future for all our businesses in Kensington.
- Appointed Marketing team
- Development of the Discover Kensington Brand
- New Logo
- New website discoverkensington.com.au
- Online members directory
- Social media platforms. Facebook and Instagram
- Monthly members newsletter with information and opportunities
- Elected members committee
- Six monthly reporting to the City of Melbourne
- Regular committee meetings
- Training and precinct meeting with the City of Melbourne
- Annual General Meeting
Promotions, Activations and Events
- Discover Kensington Gift Cards Program (Members can activate their Eftpos machines to accept the Gift Cards … this is money directly into their tills)
- Social media competitions to Win Discover Kensington Gift Cards
- Members photography opportunity
- Magic and music roving throughout Macaulay Road and Bellair Street.
- Shopping Nights
- Santa Stop. Visit Santa and receive a free photo and make your own Christmas Craft
- Establishing Christmas decorations in business precinct
- Members Networking events
In addition future activities may include:
- Video profile opportunity for members
- Involvement and presence at Community Events
- Involvement in upcoming community events for example the Kensington Rotary Art Show
- Artworks throughout Kensington. Encouraging artwork to enhance our area and give a pride of place.
- Placemaking and way finding signage throughout Kensington
- Discover Kensington reusable bags
- Events to promote our members and engage the community to be involved.
- Implement a social media strategy to promote our members
- Increasing our advertising with each promotion to encourage all to Discover Kensington.
- Use and encourage all to utilise our hashtag #discoverkensington
- Improvements to our street scape. For example, branded banners, bin wraps and foliage
- Implementing a graffiti removal program to deter vandalism
- Enhance and develop seasonal decorations for example Christmas