Membership 2020 - 2021
Economic support for businesses
The City of Melbourne announced a local economic package to support city businesses affected by COVID-19.
We’re developing a range of support for businesses, including
- grants to develop online and e-services
- one-on-one advice and support through our expanded COVID-19 Business Concierge Hotline
- halving rent for eligible tenants in Council-owned buildings for three months
- suspending fees for Food Act registrations and street trading permits for three months
- a new Rates Hardship Policy
- a virtual Business Support Summit.
If you need immediate support, contact our COVID-19 Business Concierge Hotline on 9658 9658 (press 1 for business), or visit Business for more information.
Additional support is available for businesses via:
- Victorian Government’s economic survival and jobs package (contact 13 22 15)
- Victorian Government’s coronavirus business support, including the latest on business operations
- Australian Government’s economic response to coronavirus (contact 13 28 46)
- City of Melbourne’s Business page (contact 9658 9658 and press 1 for business support)
Kensington is an area with distinct character, with a quirky mix of buildings, pretty elm lined streets and a village style shopping strip it has an old world meets new world feel. The area is known for the diversity of its architecture, including Victorian terraces, cottages, warehouse apartments and new structures.
Located only 4km north – west from Melbourne’s CBD the area features vibrant cafes, eclectic gift stores, a multitude of professional services, small grocers, and a bustling food scene. The traders of Kensington take great pride in their products, from the beautiful fresh produce, scent of home-made soup bubbling away, to the meticulously styled display windows, visiting Kensington is a delight for the senses.